Working AT GUILDWORKS
GuildWorks Design and Drafting Assistant
A design and drafting assistant will help us manage our increasing construction document and 3D modeling demands. The office environment is both collaborative and positive, we work closely together. The ability to learn quickly, take direction, solve problems, and respond well to changes and constructive criticism are most important in this role.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
• Take direction, sometimes broad, sometimes specific, from the design leads
• Produce professional results in the form of graphical renderings for the purpose of communicating concepts in
client proposals and media exposure (Adobe Suite and Sketchup)
• Produce professional results in the form of high-detail 3D models and 2D drawings and construction documents
for architectural and engineering design, analysis and build documents.
• Over the duration of employment this role will include fabric panel production, installation, and project management
to gain a more complete understanding of our overall process, to inform decisions and approach.
Required Skills and Abilities
• You have Sketchup and AutoCAD experience and are fast and interested to learn new software
• Able to work in or learn quickly in Sketchup, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Rhino and NDN (a sophisticated FEM program with
a tensile design and fabric architecture focus.
• You are a hard-working, creative, detail-oriented problem solver
• You have a degree (or a degree-in-process) in architecture or related design field or equivalent related experience
• Strong organizational, time-management, verbal and written communication skills
• It is necessary that you have a great grasp on visualizing in 3D
• Able to work extended hours during season (May-October) as hard deadline projects cannot be extended
• Experience in an architecture or design office is a plus
This is an opportunity of growth for a self-motivated and goal driven individual. Our work is project based, an ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment. We ask that applicants are able to maintain an open and flexible schedule. This position in particular should not have any serious availability constraints.
If you are intrigued, please submit a letter of interest, resume and examples of design, drafting, and modeling work.
Explain what drew you to this job & our company in particular. Indicate software and modeling proficiency.