Production Assistant role encompasses a diverse range of workloads. An individual's skills and experiences will dictate what responsibilities they hold within the production department. The production assistant must be able to proactively manage varying tasks simultaneously, while proactively preparing for the next steps in a project's life cycle. A background in architecture, art installation/design, textile industry, etc. is always a plus.
Job Responsibilities and Duties may include:
• Reading and understanding production charts, mapping them onto fabrics
• Cutting textiles to precise specifications
• Using manual and powered cutting tools
• Operating hot air welding machines
• Assisting in the dyeing/ coloring of fabrics
• Preparation of pieces for various stages of production
• Understanding work process flow, able to modify flow based on efficiency needs
• Communicating between departments (design, sewing, welding, installation, inventory)
• Other tasks as required by Production Manager
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Able to work at floor-level, involving sitting, kneeling, squatting, crouching, and standing
• High level of awareness
• Professionally and personally organized
• Mechanically and technically apt
• Someone who enjoys puzzles
• Has strong visual and spatial understanding capabilities
• Comfortable with receiving/executing precise directives in both calm and challenging work scenarios
• Self driven with the desire to follow through and achieve completion on every task
• Willingness and eager to work in close proximity with a team.
• Must have the desire to continuously learn
• Demonstrate the ability to safely use high powered, or sharp tools and equipment
• Having manual dexterity and ability to use tools with precision and accuracy.
• Able to take direction, open and responsive to constructive criticism
• Able to perform complex tasks in sequence as well as simple, repetitive tasks.
• Able to visually distinguish and monitor changes 1/32”
• Able to lift up to 75#
• Able to work calmly a fast pace, under pressure of deadline.
This is an opportunity of growth for a self-motivated and goal driven individual. Our work is project based, an ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment. We ask that applicants are able to maintain an open and flexible schedule. This position in particular should not have any serious availability constraints.
If you are intrigued, please submit a letter of interest, resumes, and images and examples of previous work.